View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 08:54 PM

Default re driving

I don't drive much anymore and definitely not on the freeway. I would either get a ride to the airport or take Super shuttle or something of this nature. I can certainly understand not wanting to go anywhere while your dog is recovering though as I don't go almost anywhere now because of my 19 y.o. Persian Cat that's in stage 3 chronic kidney failure. I don't like to leave her for very long during the day even let alone overnight. I have a dog too but she is staying with my ex since I've not been able to walk her regularly with regard to my feet and also staying because my cat needs to finish out her life alone with me at this point.

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited. Great vehicle that has had almost no probs since I got it in 2005. Something is going on with it now that needs to be checked out though hopefully it can wait a bit longer. it is a huge gas guzzler though I do like driving it re my back being comfortable in it and it's size seems to be more protective than many smaller vehicles.

When I lived in SF I didn't have a car and most of my friends didn't have one either as if they did they paid more in parking tickets a month than they did the car payment just about.

What kind of dog do you have? I have a darling little Mini schnauzer, Lola. She's got a very enlarged heart and is on 2 cardiac meds twice/day and Lasix twice daily too. She is much more delicate now because of her heart and her life expectancy supposedly is greatly reduced because of how enlarged her heart is (she'll be 11 y.o. in June).

I hope your dog is recovering well. Are you on FB? Most of what I post there are photos of Alaska (cat) and Lola (dog).

Glad you're getting your stuff to Mark. You'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

Ok take care and hope your weekend is going Ok~ I've been staying off my feet as much as possible as my posterior tibial tendonitis is flared up and weight bearing just flares it up more. Hopefully soon the flare will pass and I can be a bit more active. Maria