View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 PM

Hi, no dates yet, waiting for UCSF to call anytime, just found out it was approved by insurance and I faxed all release info to UCD doc to send them that they have,,just got in the door, had more do do, but bad pain day, sciatic nerve bad all night and today, but have the same pain in arm, if there is such a thing? Feels like sciatic going from shoulder to finger tips along outside part of arm like on leg, can't stand it, just took my med pill, hope it cuts it fast,,,,,went to long today without taking it, hate taking any kind of pain med while trying to get things, legal type things done....

Wish I could crawl on the ground right now my yard is such a mess! Needs it all done, last year before my condition took over in a major way, I trimmed the trees and did it all, love yard work, and tried to grow tomatoes, even though they were the best tasting batch ever, were very hard for me to just get out to water, and the snails sure did like them to! lol You have done allot with your yard it sounds like, it feels so good to be able to accomplish little things anymore!!

After I finished faxing, made the mistake of going into a little consignment shop while waiting for the bus, saw the cutest pair of boots,,,should of tried them on then, great price to and soft leather...was trying to justify spending the money as an early birthday present to myself lol! Might go back there tomorrow, least if the surgery goes well I can look forward to wearing them lol

Have most apts lined up for next week, just waiting on UCSF, on pins and needles as my surgeon is now out of the country! And should anything happen I don't want an emergency surgery done by just anyone nervous, stressed, having anxiety about all of it right now!

Just praying they have a better option and less invasive, or something better to offer me..got the insurance straightened out today finally! So that will free me up in many ways now, was on wrong plan an so on,,,but glad got that done!

Trying to get all my bills set up for auto payment so if am unable to do much after surgery, will not have to worry about any of it....found out I qualify for a new free fancy phone upgrade to a smartphone, will hold off on that till surgery is over as I am not smart enough yet lol

Other than that crazy busy week, yesterday first day this week was able to do nothing much of anything, would like to of done the same today, but no time to hurt right now..to much pressing and no one to help makes it even harder.

Did talk to a friend down south of me in So CA, she has had pretty close to what I am having, she had her c2 to c6 done with 4 complete disc replacements and laminectomy also, but has full range of motion and is doing great! So that gives me hope! And her dysphasia was as bad as mine also...funny,,I never knew she had been through this!!!! Until I mentioned it to her, and she did not mention it until the other day when she called, she said it was a hard recovery she is still recovering from it, almost 2 yr post op, but said to try to see if surgeon will do more total disc replacements vrs fusions so will be able to eat and have full range of motion as well she said the dysphasia will improve also.......she said the benefits outweigh the full fusion for quality of life..and I agree!! So praying this new surgeon has a heart of gold and hands guided by God! Yes I am a firm believer in the power of the big man upstairs!

I looked at the spinemed, it might be something to have done post op, I could see how it could compliment the healing process as long as disc is fully replaced with no hardware, but on another side, I could use it in my T spine and lumbar now or soon as am cleared post op...would like to avoid anymore spinal surgeries at any cost, as it scares me so bad, and this one really has scared me to death!

I have given up on my car situation for the time being, will wait to see if I am alive and able to drive again before doing anything about it at this time...reason is, in the past 2 yrs, had 2 nice BMW's one 530i and a 740il, both newer very nicely loaded and a Mercedes SUV, ALL 3, one after another spaced a few months apart, transmissions went then engine seals, head blown in the 740, and the SUV same problem, so bought a nice used Subaru Forester, loved it! Space of an SUV, easy to drive like a car...then the cat converter went fixed that, drove for maybe 2 days and pistons went, so it is now sitting in the garage collecting dust since October lol!

But the worst part, I spend $5.00 more a month on a bus pass than I spent for gas in a month lol!

Very hard to get around to get food and things as am not to lift anything over a pound and so on till this spine thing is fixed! Makes life difficult right now for sure, but neighbors have helped when they are around! Waiting to get approved for ParaTransit, should know by Monday, then they will pick me up at my door take me to doctors and grocery shopping and assist with bags and all, so praying I am approved, will need it now and after surgery for sure!

Still waiting for pain doc to call, asked if he could lower my dose of diluadid, the 2 mg knocks me out! But tolerating it so far so that is a good thing and better than Tylenol for the pain, but would like to be on the lowest dose can get by with, can handle a little pain, heck been handling tons of it, so a little will be ok, but like to be more "with it" rather than feeling comatosed lol

Back to the phone, will be online later!!!