View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:06 AM

Default re disc replacement

I think there is a limit on the number of ADRs that can be done here in the US re FDA approval however not sure about that. I hope whomever you'll be seeing at UCSF will have experience with ADRs as well as fusion and that you will be a candidate for this type of surgery maybe at least partially if not fully.

There's always the option of going abroad/other country that offers more options in types of surgery or approved hardware to utilize if you've the $ for surgery (where the FDA doesn't exist).

I think it's wise that you're not doing too much physically or at least anymore than you are doing which sounds like plenty to me.

I'm finding that the Mercedes is a very smooth ride for my back, no problem at all however I am experiencing more posterior tibial tendonitis pain using the gas/brake in this vehicle than my Mitsu. Also while I love the smooth ride very much I really dislike being so low to the ground and also hate that bigger vehicles keep crawling up my backside it seems. At least in my SUV when a big SUV is behind me it doesn't bother me because if they get too close I slow down even more as if to say ~ go ahead and run into that nice big fat tire on the back of my car.. will leave a nice impression on your front end!

I don't like driving that much though because of my feet there's no way I could get around without a car now. Well I could but I'd be so limited at what I could do or get done in one day! Not like I haven't experienced that with my back stuff in the past as well!

I use a cart to haul stuff back and forth from my car. I find that I end up loading that up so much that I really poop myself out emptying it out!

Vons delivers though I like to get fresh veggies from places like Farmers Markets and Sprouts/Henrys or lastly Whole Foods (more expensive). Good little Mexican markets often have way better produce prices though I haven't located one close by to where I'm living right now so for what I spend in gas in the SUV makes it acceptable to spend a bit more in local produce shopping.

Must be great to have one's own veggie garden (though then again it's more work)

I think my back is telling me to get up and out of a sitting position~ take care and hope you're getting some good zz's and rest!