View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 AM

Default re return to your post op activities

Have you gotten a 2nd opinion? Just wondering. I was recommended to have the hybrid surgery as well and didn't as it would have been my 3rd spine surgery and I really prefer to try and keep the number of spine surgeries to a minimum if possible . Anyway what I know is that everyone is different with regard to how they respond to surgery.

I would expect that you will likely be in acute to moderate recovery mode for about the first 6-8 weeks with a fair amount of post op type of pain that you work thru during recovery and just getting yourself together..

Most likely from 3-6months you'll see substantial progress with regard to pain and mobility and I would imagine from 6 month to a year you'll be doing better (if you're progressing along normally). At the one year mark you should probably start to feel pretty good and may get back to your regular type of activities.

You may progress a lot quicker than this but you will want to make sure that you don't push yourself too fast too far because you don't want to overdo when it comes to spinal surgery healing. It's far too easy to overdo.

If you're working and you have to take a leave of absence try to take the most amount of time they allow which I think is at least 6-8 weeks. You'll need it all and maybe then some (an extension).

Make sure you have things arranged at your home for your ease re meals, hygiene, grooming and such.

Best not to plan on driving for a few months as well so hopefully have rides ready for you as needed and help with grocery shopping, etc.

There are plenty of people that have had ADR here and some that may have had the hybrid surgery. Check out the part of the forum that talks about surgeries and recovery.

I'll send you a private mail with a few other sites to check. Good luck! Maria