View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Karger, Going it alone will be OK as long as everything goes well. Getting home on your own may be tough so I would not try to travel at a week post-op. Leave 10 days (IMHO that's aggressive). I'd recommend 12 days or more. If you do great, you'll feel like you wasted money staying the extra days. But, if you are feeling that well, you'll be taking in the sights. If you do poorly, the extra few days will VERY important. Note that I had a terrible time after my lumbar ADR. I was scheduled to come home at 10 days, but could not have traveled then. I came home on day 15. My immediate post-op experience was way worse than average, but this does not say anything about success of the surgery. I was playing tennis at 3 months and skiing black diamond runs and SCUBA diving at 4 months.

The Kameha Grand Hotel that is right next to the clinic and right on the Rhine is an awesome 5 star hotel. The Betaklinik has a great rate with them... a couple of years ago, it was 120 Euro. Call me during the week and I'll tell you where to find the 40 Euro 'Guest House' that has clean rooms, great service, internet and breakfast included. It's a 15 minute walk from the clinic.

The best place to stay is Schlosshotel Kommende Ramersdorf. It's about 80 Euro, but it is incredible.

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org