View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Sir,

I will post a bunch of my MRI/CT of neck and back. Went to a neurologist his words were that my neck really wasn't that bad???? I don't know what to think when I know I get into so much pain from it and have terrible headaches. My legs bother me too. My legs will just ache with activity, sometimes shooting pain but not often. My feet will hurt and my feet go a little numb. I have no Achiles reflex on the right side. I have nerve damage to my right quadracep that was show on a EMG. My GP says my headaches are definitely from my neck. I know enough to know that this stuff is causing me problems. I remember my injuries to my neck and I have lived with the pain with increasing frequency for decades. I screwed my back up in the Military and it just went down hill (starting to ramble on).

I will post recent MRI's. If you feel really motivated, read through them and tell me what you think or your Dr. Bud's think. Remember that song.... Too much time on my hands.... too much time on my hands.... then something else. Thanks, Terry

MRI of neck April 2012
Findings:
The craniocervical junction is intact (that's a relief! LOL)

The C2-3 disc is dehydrated. There is no evidence of significant bullge or herniation. There is no evidence of singificant canal or neural foraminal stenosis.

The C3-4 disc is mildly narrowed and dehydrated. There is minimal retrolisthesis of C3 on C4. There is a diffuse disc bulge. There are hypertrophic uncovertabral degenerative changes on the left. There is moderate canal stenosis. There is moderate to severe neural foraminal stenosis on the left. There is no evidence of significant neural foraminal stenosis on the right.

The C4-5 disc is narrowed and dehydrated. There is a diffuse disc bulge and reactive osteophytic spurring. Threre is bilateral hypertrophic uncovertebral degenerative changes. There is moderate canal stenosis. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.

The C5-6 disc is degenerated. There is posterior disc/osteophyte complex. There is a mild to moderate canal stenosis. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.

The C6-7 disc is degenerated. There is a broad-based central to the left subarticular disc protrusion. There is mild to moderate canal stenosis.

The C7-T1 disc is dehydrated. There is a mild anterolisthesis of C7 on T1. There is a diffuse dis bulge. There is not evidence of significant canal stenosis. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.

Impression:

1. The C3-4 disc is mildly narrowed and dehydrated. There is a minimal retrolisthesis C3 on C4. There is a diffuse disc bulge. There are hypertrophic uncovertebral degenerative changes on the left. There is moderate canal stenosis. There is moderated to severe neural foraminal stenosis on the left.

2. The C4-5 disc is narrowed and dehydrated. There is a diffuse disc bulge and a reactive osteophytic spurring. There are bilateral hypertrophic uncovertebral degenerative changes. There is a moderate canal stenosis. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.

3. The C5-6 disc is degenerated. There is posterior disc/osteophyte complex. There is a mild to moderate canal stenosis. There is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.

4. The C6-7 disc is dehydrated. There is a broad based central to the left subarticular disc protrusion. There is mild to moderate central stenosis.

MRI of neck December 2013

At C2-3 there is a mild disc bulge slightly indenting the thecal sac which is unchanged. Ther ei s a normal foramen and mild facet hypertrophy.

At C3-4 there is a broad-based disc protrusion flattening the anterior thecal sac with moderate foraminal stenosis bilaterally and mild central canal stenosis. There is no change in the interval.

At C4-5 there is a broad-based disc protrusion flattening the anterior cord with moderate to marked foraminal stenosis on the right and moderate on the left. There is mild to moderate central canal stenosis and no change in the interval.

At C5-6 there is a broad-based disc protrusion /osteoophyte complex with moderate foraminal stenosis bilaterally. There is flattening of the anterior thecal sac and mild central canal stenosis. No change noted in interval.

At C6-7 There is a broad-based disc protrusion more prominent to the left with slight impact on the anterior cord. There is moderate to marked foraminal stenosis on the left and moderate on the right. There is mild to moderate central canal stenosis. No changes are see at the interval.

At C7-T1 there is a mild disc bulge and mild foraminal stenosis. The upper thoracic cord and cervical cord appear normal in size, contour and signal. Vascular structurees in the neck show farily good flow void. Thre is some tortuosity of the left vertebral in the foramen at the C4-5 level.

Impression:

1. Grossly no change from prior examination.
2. Mild central canal stenosis at C3-4. There is moderate framinal stenosis.
3. Mild to moderate central canal stenosis at C4-5. There is a disc protursion with moderate to marked foraminal stenosis on the right and moderate on the left.
4. Mild central canal stenosis at C5-6. There is a disc protrusion with moderate foraminal stenosis bilaterally.
5. Mild to moderate central canal stenosis at C6-7. There is a disc protrusion with slight impact on the anterior cord and moderate to marked foraminal stenosis on the left and moderate on the right.

Bone scan of neck June 2012

IMPRESSION:

1. Increased activity in the facets bilaterally at C4-C5 and C5-C6 most significantl othe left at C4-C5, likely representing degenerative facet disease.
2. Increased activity at C4-C5 and C5-C6 anteriorly , likely representing degenerative disc disease. Also, increased activity in the left Acromioclavicular joint, likely degenerative.

CT of lower back June 2012

Findings:

Minimal left convex curvature is present. Slight retrolisthesis is noted at L2-3, L3-4. No compression fracture is identified. Fusion hardware is present at L4-5 with paired transpedicular screws, rods and interbody spacer. Bone loss is noted at the the inferior L4 and L5 vertebral bodies. L5-S1 posterior fusion hardware have been removed in the interval.

T11-L2: No posterior disc bulge or protrusion is present. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy is noted. Canal and foramina are patent. Findings are stable.

L2-3: Mild broad-based posterior disc bulge and mild to moderate bilateral facet arthropathy, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy are present. Mild canal and minimal bilateral foraminal stenosis are noted. Findings are stable.

L3-4: Mild broad-based posterior disc bulge and mild to moderate bilateral facet arthropathy, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy are present. Mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis are noted. Findings are stable.

L4-5: Steak artifact from adjacent hardware partially obscures adjacent structures. Right hemilaminectomy and partial facetectomy are noted. Soft tissue prominence is present in the right foramen/lateral recess indistinct from the right L4 nerve root causing severe stenosis. Severe bilateral facet arthropathy is noted. Central canal is patent. Mild left foraminal stenosis is seen.

L5-S1: Partial left facetectomy is noted. Bilateral laminectomies are seen. Right facet fusion is present. Canal and foramina are patent.

IMPRESSION:

1. L2-3 mild disc bulge and mild to moderate bilateral facet arthropathy, liga mentum flavum hypertrophy. Mild canal and minimal bilateral froaminal stenosis. Stable.

2. L3-4 mild disc bulge and mild to moderate bilateral facet arthropathy, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Mild canal and bilateral foraminal stenosis. Stable.

3. L4-5 stat post fusion, right hemilaminectomy, partial right material and/or granulation tissue in the right forament/lateral recess indistinct from the L4 nerve root causing severe stenosis. Severe bilateral facet arthropathy. Ratent canal. Mild left foraminal stenosis.

4. L5-S1 interval removal of fusion hardware. Partial left facetectomy, bilateral laminectomies. Right facet fusion. Patent canal and foramen.

MRI lower back September 2011

This is the impression notes about L4-5 just prior to surgery. Other wise it is about the same as the CT.

2. L4-5: Magnetic susceptibility artifact partly obscures this level. Moderate spinal canal stenosis slightly incresed due to severe facet spondylosis with bilateral facet joint effusion, ligamentum flavum thickening, a 7 mm synovial cyst within the right ligamentum flavum, and a small broad-based bulge or limited disc protursion. Lateral recess narrowing may impinge on the right L5 nerve - unchanged. Stable 15mm synovial cyst along the posterior margin of the left facet joints (these were bilateral because they use to asperate both of then and inject them with steroids and lidocaine) poor visualization of the neural foramina which may be moderately narrowed on theright but unchanged.

3. L3-4: Moderate narrowing of the thecal sac due to congenitally short pedicles, a small posterior bulge greater to the left of midline, and moderate facet spondylosis with ligamentum flavum thickening and prominent dorsal epidural fat - unchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
Terry,

It sounds like the 'fourth one is a charm' and you are finally fused in your lumbar spine. You mention some pretty lousy continuing pain. Do they believe it to be from the operated lumbar levels?

How long ago was the cervical fracture? I have seen many people with fractured spineous processes in the lower c-spine that were not pain generators.

What are they recommending?

Mark

Last edited by Ringo; 03-12-2014 at 06:44 PM.