View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Default re desperation

I can certainly understand why you're feeling desperate given that it sounds like you were fairly well controlled re pain and able to function and because of some roadblocks re care things are going downhill on that level.

Can you afford to pay out of pocket to see a PM just for meds (meaning not injections)? There are longer acting drugs you can take. The pain med I take is long acting and very cheap but the downside is that it's strongly addictive (and difficult to get off of). I only take 10mg 1x/day of this medication and have for years to manage my pain. I still have flare ups now and again.

Are you anywhere near Mexico? I know this sounds crazy but healthcare is pretty inexpensive there and when I saw a GP there he offered to fill my pain med script which amazed me. He was spoke perfect English and his wife was a Psychiatrist and while they lived in Mexico they practiced in Mexico and in San Diego. I didn't take him up on it because I have a very good PM that I see every few months (my scripts are given for a 3 month period).

The out of pocket might be the way you have to go for a while if you can afford it.. good luck I'm sorry to read that of the troubles you're going thru to get care until you have further surgery~

Maria