View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 AM

Hi Maria,
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am not going to threaten a lawsuit, I don't even think I am allowed to sue the VA. What I will do is demand that I receive the treatment that I am supposed to receive. My Dr could have very well been telling the truth in that the VA will only allow one level at a time and not because of the FDA. But as with many things in the VA, the patient is left in the dark.
We are not asked to be apart of our healthcare choices, they are made for us and if we demand answers, or even help. we risk being labeled a "Bad Patient" and black listed within the VA care system. When usually all we want is for someone to care and to actually listen to our problems, concerns, and let us be a part of our own healing process.
I did have a good surgeon and he was honest with me going in with this surgery: it will not fix everything but if it fixes your constant headaches then I would see it as a success. It has diminished my head aches but my neck and arm pain are not better, if anything they are worse. So the VA philosophy is: we have done everything we can so we no longer want to treat your pain-unless you would like more surgery. Somewhat like an ultimatum: if you want more surgery we will be happy to treat your pain but if you would like pain management with massage, acupuncture, aquatic PT and Therapy, we will no longer treat your pain. So my choices will be surgery after surgery(because they keep finding things to fix) or NO treatment for my chronic pain.
The way the VA system works is horrible and as a freind recently described it: a National Disgrace. Thank you for caring and responding. I will update my other thread with news about my Pain treatment.
AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement

Last edited by ajspine; 04-01-2014 at 04:35 AM.