View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Thumbs up I'm home!!

Hi Everyone!
Well, I am back home from the hospital; I was discharged yesterday. The surgery took 5 hours and according to the doctor it "couldn't have gone any better." I don't remember how long I was in recovery before they brought me to my room.

The first few days absolutely sucked, but the first time I got out of bed was nothing what I had anticipated. I thought there were going to be tears, screams, and lots of noises, but it really was'nt that difficult. I had surgery on Thursday and Friday I was already walking (but only to the door to my room).

They put me on a PCA (the patient pain pump) and I love the person who invented it! The first few days I was on the pump and morphine shots then they gradually added in the pills. Each day I walked more and more, and then by the last day I was walking up and down stairs in the physical therapy room. But when I walk I have to use a walker. I don't know how long I'm going to be using the walker, but at some point I'll switch to a cane.

Everyone, thanks so much for asking how I was doing and what was going on. Considering the circumstances, I feel really good. I'm totally pumped about my recovery. As of right now, I don't have the same pain that I had when I went into the surgery. It's gone! Yay!! But I do have terrible leg pain (left leg), pain at the incision site on my stomach and the 6 incision sites on my back, which is all to be expected. They upped my mgs for the MS-contin, I would actually like it to be a little bit higher but I'm going in to see my PM soon (my mom's gonna make the appointment so I dont know when I'm seeing him).

Anyways, I just wanted to give everyone an update and let you know I'm doing well under the circumstances. Thanks for being concerned and thinking about me!!!! You guys rock
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex