View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Default My Dose

Hi Guys,
Just came across this as I spend most of my time on the iSpine forum. First, Eddie, Congrats on coming off the opiates, this is great. And I have heard some wonderful things about medical maryjane. I am currently going through hell with the VA because they switched me from 5mg Oxycodone HCL 2 every 6 hours(40 mg a day) to 10/325 Hydrocodone one every 6 hours. The Hydrocodone does NOT work for me and from what I have been reading the dosing is way off. I have to take 2 to almost get relief but I can't do that because that is not what I am prescribed. it also has APAP, which makes me worry about my liver and kidneys.
I tried this for 8 days then called my Dr to switch back and he was gone on Vaca until today(I have an appointment this afternoon) and I had to go the VAMC 2.5 hours away to have the Chief of Staff fill my meds because no one else would fill them while my Dr. was gone.
This med change left me crying in bed for days and I have had to take an incomplete in both of my Grad school courses. I have finally pushed for approval for treatment at a Civilian Pain clinic in the town I live in. I should not have to beg for pain relief but the VA is on tear when it comes to opiates and true chronic pain patients are losing their meds. It is unbelievable what they put us through.
I wish I had the option to try Mary jane for my pain but the VA is federal and if I get caught I will loose all of my benefits. Once again, Congrats!
AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement

Last edited by ajspine; 04-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.