View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:45 PM

Default possibly

Try Fioricet (very old standard migraine medication). I started getting migraines after laser eye surgery and right before onset of menopause (so estrogen w/d mostly blamed). I also started to have cervical spine problems pretty intensely back in the early to mid 2000's. I found that Fioricet helped both my migraine and the cervical pain but pretty much only if I rested in dark noiseless area and fell asleep for about an hour with my neck supported in a certain way. Several years later I didn't need to sleep just relax the tension in that area (use of heat helped). Something else that helped me greatly was a 60mg injection of Toradol (non steroidal anti-inflammatory med) as it seems to greatly the effect of muscle spasms in my cervical and lumbar area.

You may have already tried these things if you've progressed to rhizotomies although I had two lumbar spine surgeries, 10 years of epidurals, various medications and about 25 years of all degrees of pain before finding out the Toradol injection helped my lumbar muscle spasms greatly and cervical as well.

Of course maybe you need something else though in the interim if these meds might alleviate some pain even if not hitting the exact cause of the pain maybe some part of the effect which could be helpful. Just throwing it out there. Sorry to read the degree of pain you've been in and are still in ~ I've been thru 32 years of it and cranky and dull probably describe a better part of some of my day at least!

Last edited by Maria; 05-01-2014 at 02:50 PM.