Thread: Update on Me
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Default re your foot

Judy,
I wonder if it's the posterior tibial tendon/muscle that might be worked on? The reason why I wonder this is because if this detaches or ruptures (in my case) the foot will be totally flat (I am flat footed bilaterally) and useless and emergency surgery will need to be performed.

To date I am doing better after near 2 months of PT yet my right foot seems to remain weaker. I am wearing the AFOs which was supposed to be for 6 months but at last podiatric visit I was told 9 months now.

I have been able to do more lately such as walk around a bit more. Today I went to MOLAA (Museum of Latin American Art). I didn't stay too long as the line to get into the Frida Kahlo exhibit was super long and had quite a wait so I went out back to the Sculpture Garden and another part of the exhibit. After this I went to an early dinner with a friend. I had wanted to stay in my old neighborhood a while longer (till sunset) but my feet were tired and it was pretty hot today so I just drove home.

I can't drive with the AFO on so I'm constantly taking it off to drive and putting it back on to get out of the car to do whatever. It is my right foot that is more problematic (my pedal foot). I take it the foot drop is in your left foot?

I'm wondering if you can have the foot drop fixed in terms of position but will the function be restored?

When do you see this doctor/surgeon again?