View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Thumbs up 20 day report

Today I was able to do my longest walk yet. 1 hour. I don't keep track of the distance. a) I do it in the privacy and comfort of my own big yard and b) I probably walk slower than most. and c) I must be careful with my right foot as I have had a long battle with plantar fasciitis for several years.
I do 2 walks per day, hopefully soon I will be able to extend all of them to 60 minutes. Some may not think this is that much, but I certainly do. When I think of where I am coming from. Slow & steady is so crucial in my mind.

My biggest problem with the walking is pure physical exhaustion. Lying in bed 22 hours a day for 3 years will do that to you. My back feels invigorated during the walk (no back pain at all).

I am currently dealing with loosing my primary care doc during my stay in Germany. How's that for timing? They are trying to reduce my Percocet by 50% at a time when I don't know what tomorrow will bring. More on that later.

I was using 65mg/day of Percocet thru day 8. got it down to about 32mg/day thru day 16 and last 3 days I am getting by on 22mg/day.
My pre-op intake was an average of 13mg/day - but remember I had to supplement that with being horizontal practically all day.

I have drastically reduced the ibuprofen from 1800mg/day to 400

I estimate that I am on my feet (vertical) about 4 more hours per day than pre-surgery. My worst time of day is always the morning when I get up, the back pain is present then, but for rest of day it's fine with occasional minor flare-ups. The AWFUL DEBILITATING 'BELT' PAIN IS GONE!!!!!!
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!