View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Administrator

I just spoke to Janet. Unfortunately, the report is mixed. Regarding her schooling, Janet "made it through the hard part" and got more than 1/2 way through law school. Unfortunately, she needed to return home to care for her ailing mother and is no longer in school. I can't tell you how much I admire her ability and drive to have gotten that far, and her priorities for putting family first. Way to go Janet.

Warm Houston was good for her. Unfortunately, her pain syndrome reacts pretty severely to cold weather. The Missouri winters are really, really bad for her. In any case, she is still on a medication level that is a fraction of what she needed following her two botched Stenum, Ritter-Lang surgeries. She bought a recumbent trike that she absolutely LOVES and, in spite of the harsh winter, she has over 500 miles on it.

Her leg still gets pretty swollen from the DVT, but it doesn't hurt her nearly as much. You don't want to be having a long anterior revision surgery if you can avoid it... I've seen many, most OK, but there can be problems. That's why you really need to be with a careful, competent surgeon... make sure it gets done right the first time!

So, even though the news is mixed and her life could be much, much better; she is still a thousand times better than she was.

Hang in there Janet!

Love,

Mark

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org