Thread: Update on Me
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 AM

Default re AFO

Hey Judy,
what does your AFO look like? I think you saw a photo of the one I have. I think that it's the shoe as well that makes it seem like such clunkiness. I'm going to try wearing it with another tennis shoe that isn't quite like the ones I regularly wear and see if can manage to drive with the AFO on. I feel good driving barefoot though for sure!

I had a friend that had the surgery to reattach the posterior tibial tendon and she was in wheelchair for 4 months she said post operatively. She however made a really good recovery and has been able to travel and go walking tours in Europe post her full recovery so that's really good. She cannot however wear "pretty" shoes anymore than I can for walking and rarely wears a shoe that doesn't have a fair amount of support in it. Occasionally she has some flare ups with her foot that she thinks are more like arthritis now and has pain and stiffness in that ankle joint so she is still careful plus she experiences some numbness in her feet re neuropathies due to her diabetes so I think that is partly why she has tripped and fallen. She sometimes walks with a cane though does manage to get around pretty well.

Am interested to hear what all is going on with your foot and what will be done surgically and what the recovery period is expected to be. Will one of your daughters be home to help you this summer or your son after your surgery?