View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 01:11 AM

Cool Hello All!

I know, it has been forever since I have been here - sorry…

I was so glad to hear from Mark yesterday that I decided to check in. This month is proving especially hard for me as I would be graduating from Law School this month I was exactly half way through, and on the Dean's List when I left.

Anyway… how do you like my trike?? I guess I just like a challenge LOL. Climbing hills is MUCH harder and slower when you cannot stand up on the pedals LOL. I got the trike 9/27/2013 and ride every chance I get. That has not been much this year since the furnace was still kicking on LAST WEEK! The cold REALLY sets me back. In fact, I left my bed only to go to the doctor for meds from January through May. Hopefully I will bounce back quickly now that winter is finally over! But it is depressing to know that once the cold returns - I must return to hibernation. Unfortunately I put a quite a bit of weight back on over the long winter in bed. I was quite happy tipping the scales at 105# before winter - not so now!

I am still on Fentanyl and Percacet, but much less. During warm weather I was doing very well. I purchased a recumbent trike to further my rehabilitation, and did quite well with it until winter. During cold weather I must either stay in bed or take more medication. I am still unable to sit or stand without a significant increase in pain. I can only find comfort in a near zero gravity position. I cannot sit on the couch long enough to watch a TV show or sit at the table for a meal. But if I sit in my only acceptable position (in my hospital type bed, or on my reclined trike seat) I can sit as long as I want to. Still hopeful that more exercise will increase my strength, stamina and pain tolerance.

Thanks for keeping everyone posted for me Mark. Maybe some day I can ride my trike to CA to see you LOL.

Last edited by kc0iet; 05-09-2014 at 04:58 AM.