View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 04:36 AM

Default Ayurveda

As promised, I'm back here to let you know how my back is. I am currently trying out our ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicines, which people have a lot of faith in, in India for centuries and now globally.

I am happy to say that it has been working well for me. I feel stronger and should be able to start driving to work twice a week from the coming week and then of course step it up gradually.

I know in western societies, most people wait for FDA approval and lots of research for all medication, which is very sad IMO because they lose out on things that might actually work for them. Sometimes, science gives us blinkers and we readily put them on.

If you're interested, the medicines I'm having are of this institution: : : : ARYA VAIDYA SALA - Kottakkal : : :

Just for you to get an idea of the specifics, I'm pasting below a list of my medicines with links to pages that describe what they have:
Dhanwanthararishtam: Dhanwanthararishtam - Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients, Side Effects
Rasnasaptakam: back pain lumbar | all about ayurveda.....
yogaraja guggulu vatika: Joint Pain Herbal Treatment - Joint Pain Treatment - Swami Ramdev Medicines - Herbal Treatment For Joint Pain
Sahacharadi Tailam: Sahacharadi Thailam - Benefits, How To Use, Ingredients, Side Effects
Mahamashatailam (for massage. all medicines except this one need to be taken internally): Mahamasha Thailam - Benefits, How To Use, Side Effects, Ingredients

This bunch is not what would work for everybody. One must consult with a Kotakkal Ayurvedic doctor for medicines that they need.

If my post violates any rules of this wonderful forum, please go ahead and delete it.

Take care.