View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Administrator

AJ, I don't want to suggest that your experience with the VA is not horrific. I do believe that the treatment of our veterans is a national disgrace that should receive receive the highest priority.

But, the experience of chronic pain patients being treated as if they are simply drug seekers is all too common in the spine patient community. It also kind of snowballs as we go to the next doctor and try to explain about the last one denying you access to meds... you never get past the first few sentences before the new doctor assumes that you are a drug seeker.

We have to give some of the providers slack as, under the best of circumstances, they will deny drugs to some who need them and will also give drugs to others who shouldn't have them. The patients who actually do have a drug problem or are getting meds only to sell them do serious harm to those of us who need them. In many, or even most cases, the providers are doing the best they can.

I've seen unbelievable cases in which patients have horrible litanies of failed surgeries, with metal all up and down their spines who are denied meds. This is a serious problem for too many of us.

Call me during the week and I'll have some suggestions for you.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org