View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Default re post op

Hey Blair,
It's great to hear you're doing so well and also that you've paced yourself so as not to get butt kicked by yourself!

RE the bm thing~ you might want to try some OTC Sennakot S~ don't take your colace as this is a natural stool softener/laxative. I take 2 at night and Miralax in the a.m. since being on Methadone is like pouring cement down one's throat... it's the only way to go (pardon the pun)!

Just thinking that something like that would make it much easier for you to not have to bear down and risk creating disc pressure or anal fissures/hemmorrhoids.

The other thing that I've found useful which one can buy in the health food store is powered Magnesium supplement. Mix the recommended amount in cup of tea or glass of juice and it should produce results~ it does on me and again, that is saying quite a bit with my medication intake.

Have a good follow up visit and if you get to see that cute Dr.Apostle~ take a cell phone photo and upload it (or whatever) to the website!!! He's definately eye candy and so nice.. OK, never mind me.. !!!!!!!!

take care and be good! Maria