Thread: Update on Me
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 05:22 AM

Maria you in no way insulted me at all. I don't remember how i replied and was too lazy to go back and look.
I have only one day in a rehab unit in a hospital. It was after my hip replacement . I had been part of a study of IV tylenol before it was available here in the US. for the study i had to stay one more day than was needed for my recovery so the study doc had me go to rehab.
Two years ago after the lumbar spine surgery that left me in horrible pain and unable to walk, my surgeon was going out of town for the weekend and didn't know what to do with me so he tried to get me into the rehab at the hospital and i was turned down as i could not do enough .
He suggested a nursing home for the weekend or until he could get back and try to figure out what the next step was because he wanted me to get around the clock pain meds. I asked all the doctors that came in my room for 2 days and everyone else and only one good one in the area and they looked it up and my insurance would not cover it. so i asked my kids and they all said i could come home. I got food about once a day , maybe a few glasses of water and pretty much left alone except the company of 2 great dogs. It was ok, i don't need much. I am sure i can survive this time too. My daughter will have just graduated from nursing school and i am hoping she can come and stay a few days. I will need the most help with driving me to appointments and getting my daughter to work. so i am really hoping she will start learning how to drive now,. she has 6 weeks left

I never got to the beach as i slept too late on Wed after a late night clinic at DrF's on Tuesday night, I think i left LA for home at 1:30am.

I had better get to sleep now or i will sleep too late tomorrow too

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot