Thread: Update on Me
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Default interesting

My Dad was able to eat on his own and that's all it took for him to go to rehab and he hardly was eating then. Couldn't get up by himself, or go to the bathroom or anything else. I mean he was really in sad sad shape so I am so thankful he went where he did. Thankfully his insurance allowed him the best option.

My own experience was I needed the most help the first few days to first week post my really involved 2nd knee surgery and my first bunion surgery as well as my back surgeries.

I was really lucky the last time I had bunion surgery my younger downstairs neighbor would go grocery shopping for me and checked on me pretty frequently. I wanted to pay her but she wouldn't accept any $. I think Edgar came down and took me to the doctor as often as necessary. Thinking back on that reminds me of my first bunion surgery where basically E was in charge of taking care of me and was about what you said with a glass of water and gone for 12 hours ... I cried so much with that first bunion surgery as it was super painful and I never expected it to be THAT BAD especially after 2 back surgeries and 2 knee surgeries!!!! All that pressure in my toes when I put my foot down was just killer the first week!

It was soooo hot here yesterday I didn't go outside until 5:30p.m. and then only to the grocery store and after that I drove by Seal Beach pier and it was just so beautiful but parking was all taken up on the street where I wanted to park so I just came home. It was only a little cooler at 6p.m. though at least enough that I could drive home with the windows down vs. using the a/c in the car.

This weekend will be cooler thankfully! Yay!!!!

Last edited by Maria; 05-16-2014 at 07:02 PM.