View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Humanistic side of Opioid Therapy, Patient stories.

This is a link to Dr. Fudin's website, he is an advocate for Chronic Pain Patients and his website is full of wonderful info. I shared my story on this site and if you guys could also, it would really help the cause.
I agree that there are people that misuse/sell their medications but there are also those of us who do not. Those of us that use them responsibly are having a harder and harder time finding treatment.
Monday I finally met with my new PM Dr. She is amazing and was recommended by other Vet friends of mine that also suffer from chronic pain. I am waiting for approval for an Injection in my neck, I have decided to try this therapy in case it can really help me with my pain.
She has also started me on a new medication and I am in the middle of titration(?) trying to find the right dose. I feel a little off but was told to expect this in the beginning. If this one works, I will be switched to the long acting form with a very small amount of other med for BT pain. I am hoping that this new med will cover all of my pain and the BT meds will not be needed at all. IMO everyone is happier if the patient is on less medication, the patient included.
My hope is to eventually be healthy enough and with the help of injections, to be medication free in the future. But I have also had to accept the fact that this does not mean I will be pain FREE. I will have to learn to live with a 3 to 4 on my pain scale and that will be my life.
I am still concerned with how Pain mediations are being treated by our government and whether or not I am currently in need of them, when the time comes, I will fight for everyones right to have access to them. These can be great, life saving medications when used properly and should not be outlawed because of some peoples abuse of them.
Thanks for listening again, I love this forum.
AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement