View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 12:43 AM

Default re PM

Great to read you like this PM AJ. Hope this works out for you and you get the relief you should. Keep us posted if you have time.

About time to see the VA medical system (hospitals) being investigated re appointment system for Veterans. There's no reason for what we're hearing has been going on (at least not IMHO). I really felt bad for my Dad when he was in his late 80's and had trouble getting some appointments at the VA office closest to him and they wanted him to go to St. Petersburg to be seen (he could no longer drive and didn't have someone to take him). The VA appointment center was like "oh well. too bad."

Better believe I took that stuff up the chain of command and made sure my WWII Marine Veteran Dad got seen in an office in Palm Harbor Fl (10 mins away from where he was living).

It wasn't that he couldn't be accommodated.. just the system didn't want to let him be. I couldn't believe that.. but after that I could definitely believe anything I hear about the appointment system as I know what it was like for him with anything other than the every 6 month visit.

I do have say they were good about scripts (regular ones), hearing aids (digital) and a number of other things..

I really liked the VA system when I worked for it but that was back in the 80's. Anyway sorry for the rant here and hope the system gets torn a new rear orifice