Thread: Which Device?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Hi Harsh and Welcome. Are you getting this surgery through the VA? If so, I am really surprised that they are offering you two level ADR. I also have 4 disc herniations with bone spurs and spinal cord compression, C/3 through C/7.

I was offered only one level, C5/6 last year and I had the surgery in Sept. I had the Pro Disc-C and the surgery was quiet painful for me and I was given a 50/50 chance of it even helping. It took away the constant headaches(I mean 24/7) but I now suffer from deep bone pain where the Hardware was put in. Now the Herniated disc at C3/4 is compressing my Spinal cord and I am looking at surgery again in the near future.

So if they are willing to correct more than one level for you(and with saying that I am not a Dr or a nurse), Depending on your pain levels and amount of Nerve damage.....I would still think long and hard about doing it through the VA. Following the surgery I have had nothing but trouble getting continuing care, to the point of having to request Local Civilian Pain Management via Fee Basis(it was approved). They now handle all of my Neck and left shoulder issues. The VA only fills my Rxs from these Drs.
I don't know anything about the Mobi-C, but Mark knows a lot more than I do. So hopefully he can provide more guidance on the best Hardware but he might need more info on your condition. Such as, do you have spinal cord compression? Nerve damage?
Please keep us updated and once again, Welcome!

AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement