Thread: Which Device?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:34 PM

AJ...thanks for the reply. I am not going through the VA as I am still active duty. The surgeon I saw said that he typically does not talk about surgery on a first visit, but since he could track all of the stuff I have done over the years he felt it was warranted. I had been seeing my ortho doc for about 5 years and he finally referred me to a surgeon.

Right now I am not in a tremendous amount of pain. The pain that I have is manageable, but I did recently get a cortisone shot. I can only receive three of those a year. About all they do is is take the edge off so I can be somewhat productive at work. However, they have stopped making the numbness/tingling in my left arm/hand go away. When it wears off I am absolutely miserable for the next couple of months before I can get another shot. It was the pain management doc that suggested that if the numbness and tingling doesn't go away anymore that I should inquire about other options. He stated that if I don't get that corrected it could become permanent.

From what I have read so far I am liking the Mobi-C over the ProDisc-C. I think it is simply due to the fact that the Mobi-C does not require any bone chiseling or screws.

Last edited by Harsh; 06-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.