View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM

LOLOL, re: Rear Orifice. Very funny. I am so glad you were able to push and get your Father the care he deserved. It is sad that getting the care we need and deserve through the VA must be "Pushed" for, it should be automatic. In regards to the appointment waiting lists, some of the appointment times can be ridiculous. The VA needs a complete overhaul IMO, and maybe someday it will get one.
On Rxs, I was pleasantly surprised that my local Out Patient Clinic will let me bring my hardcopy Rx's from my new PM Dr. and they will fill them for me. Maria, This was a life saver because right after my PM appointment she wrote a Rx for a 10 day supply and then the 30 day supply, we thought I would have to mail these in to the VA and wait for them to come through the mail(thank goodness I do not have to do this). The office recommended that I go to the Target right down the street to get the 10 day supply filled. As I was filling out the paperwork, one nice Pharmacist thought they had the meds I needed but then noticed it was a script for Immediate Release and not Extended release, to which he nicely said, "I am sorry but we do not have these in stock, let me ask if we have them or if we can get them for you." He turned around to another female pharmacists and asked her about the meds I needed. She looked right at me and with a look of disgust said,"We don't have those, we sent them back as they are not needed." She was terribly rude and the other Pharmacist apologized again and suggested that I go to another Pharmacy.
This was an awful experience and I call my PM's office and they said I would have to call around until I found a Pharmacy that would fill it. I called the VA first and they had what I needed and filled it with no problems. I wanted to keep all my meds with them anyway(free for me) so this was perfect.

Take Care,
AJ
???? Total Shoulder replacement