View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:09 PM

Default congrats!

Hey there.. good to hear from you! So glad that you've no more pain thus far. I think the Morphine helps a bit too with some stuff (having taken it when I first started pain management). Had to smile when I read about the shitty flight possibly compressing the disc space ~ hopefully the flight back will feel entirely different with your new back!

I remember right before my 1st back surgery (89) I was so nervous I was starting to cry and the guys rolling me into the OR told me to breath and backwards from 100 and I remember getting to 98.. zonk.. waking up in ICU (where my surgeon put me initially so that I'd have nurses turning me frequently and checking on my every need all the time the first 2 days. There was no TV in there and I was getting so bored I begged to put me in a regular room as soon as I was able to pull myself out of a druggy sleepy state!

Then once on the regular surgical unit I talked one of my friends into helping me get into the shower that first week post op and the nurses caught me, the surgeon came barreling in threatening to have me 4 point restrained because if I had fallen or would fall I'd ruin the beautiful work he'd done "back there" ..

yes.. what is it they say about nurses and doctors making the worse patients? Pretty true...

Ok end of my droning on here about my past surgical endeavors and sending you loads of good wishes for a continued wonderful recovery! Dr. Zeegers sounds like he's a magician~ making pain disappear! Congrats to him too on what appears to be successful surgery!

take care and rest up now~ Maria