View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM

I can talk to you about coccyx/tailbone pain. I had a bad fall on my a$$ in 2001. I began having sitting pain shortly after. Then about 6 weeks later my L4-5 disk ruptured bad. The leg pain was unreal and my tailbone pain took a back seat (so to speak). I had a lami at L4-5 - no impact on tailbone, a coule of months later my surgeon talked me into trying another lami at L5-S1 for the tailbone, = TOTAL WASTE. So since 2001 I have not really been able to sit without severe major discomfort. I gave up driving 3 years ago. I have not sat down for a meal for so long I can't remember. In 2009 I went to Dr Patrick Foye (google 'Dr Tailbone') he is supposed to be the best specializing in coccyx pain. He diagnosed me with a severe dislocation and told me his injections would not help. Now what? He recommended a surgeon and the surgeon did not want to do it. It's like a black hole (coccyx pain). Very few coccygetomies are done (lots of risks). I just decide to live with it.

I recently had ADR surgery w/Dr Zeegers - he thought there was a chance that the coccyx pain was referred from 1 of my 2 bad discs. He fixed my back pain - but the tailbone pain remains. Sometimes it even bothers me when lying in bed, but for the most part I just cannot sit at all. I only have 2 options (Stand or lie down). At least I now can stand/walk as long as I want since Zeegers fixed my lumbar.

IMO, it is not related to your lumbar - at least mine is not. for years I went from one doc to another, they all tried to associate it to my lumbar issues but could not find anything definitive. You probably have a fractured coccyx - if that's the case It should heal and Dr Foye's injections could help. If it's dislocated, join the club
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!