View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 08:46 PM

Default re tailbone pain

I don't know if you take anything or not for pain but I would definitely try something if you don't before having someone do more surgery. I would also see someone that specializes in this type and location of pain.

I had a PT work on me for a year that was incredible (never had anyone that gifted before or since) and he used a number of modalities to treat this difficult area.

It used to be one of the worst types of pain I had .. now it's only there if I sit way too long at one time. I no longer "have to" avoid sitting altogether. I no longer have to turn down going out to eat or hanging out and just sitting around ~ thankfully as I've got posterior tibial tendonitis in both feet so I can't stand and walk like I used to do in avoidance of sitting.

When I say I had this pain episodically I mean I had it from 1982 to 1989 (every time my back went out until my first back surgery in '89) and then chronically from 1992 to 2001 and then less and less until about 2003/04.

Now I seldom have it except as I mentioned if I sit too long and even then it's more of a warning now vs. how the pain used to be which was totally incapacitating/debilitating to the point of only being able to be on bed rest for weeks to alleviate it to the point of being able to just be upright without nagging awful coccyx pain.

Wishing you the best in terms of finding someone to work with you in terms of this type of pain and please if anyone wants to surgically help you out please consider this option very carefully before committing to more surgery.

Last edited by Maria; 07-04-2014 at 08:49 PM.