View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to LanceK

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry4956 View Post
I had a rhizotomy in Nov 2011, a few months after my awful low back pain arrived. Specifically it was called 'endoscopic laser rhizotomy' ELR. Performed by Dr Kuaxian Liu from NJ. He met me 5 minutes before procedure and asked me 1 question. 'Does your low back hurt when you bend backwards?'
To which I replied 'NO'. Apparently all the forms and questions and descriptions of my pain were never actually passed on to him. How pathetic is that? So he did it anyway disregarding the contraindication. The result, pain increase and increased problems bending forward.
Perhaps over the course of several months whatever he did may have been reduced, hard to tell as my symptoms continued to get worse. But I feel like a new man now that I hired a true professional master spine surgeon (Dr Zeegers) and all symptoms are improving finally
It would seem that if the Activ-L disc replacement was so obviously successful that would explain why your facet injections and rhizotomy were ineffective. It would appear you did not have significant degenerative facet disease. Does that make sense?

I'm really happy for you, nonetheless.

I'm scheduled for my first medial nerve block (as a diagnostic indicator for lumbar rhizotomy) in two weeks. I'm investing a lot of anticipatory emotion in this. My four-year-old MRI showed mild to moderate facet disease at multiple levels, the worst of which was between L4-L5, so the preliminary diagnosis would seem to indicate the procedure.

I can't imagine why it would NOT work.....but I've been wrong before.