View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM

Default new here n scared to death

Hi there,
I remember being new to the world of spiney hurt back in the 80's when I was young! I was scared to death then as well and probably before each of my two spine surgeries as well (discectomies) and then more so after my 2nd failed surgery and all that went along with that "ride."

Anyway my advice to you is unless you are experiencing neurodeficits and/or mandatory reasons for immediate surgery ~ take your time to get enough opinions and go with the one you feel most comfortable with after having researched your options well enough and giving enough thoughtful consideration.

Remember at this point you are still in control because you are gathering information to make an informed decision. At the point you have surgery then the control shifts to the surgeon so you want that to be as good a deal as you can choose (re skill, experience and everything on the surgeon's part) and then back to your part with recovery after whatever surgery you go through.

Wishing you the best with your information seeking phase and your interviewing of surgeons and a big congratulations on your weight loss~ that is truly an accomplishment!

btw Mark Mintzer (mmglobal) is a great person to talk to regarding your questions and if I were in your shoes I'd contact him (and I have for myself in the past). be well and take care! Maria