View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default latest update

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of the posts! It has been very entertaining and has helped me get through each day.

Well, here is the newest update. The past weekend sucked. I had major problems with my bowels and actually thought I had to go back to the hospital. I was in the bathroom Friday night for 5 hours straight. My mom ended up calling the hospital to get the internist's number that saw me while I was in the hospital. We called, but that bastard didnt call back. This was around 5am. So we fell asleep and when we woke up at 7am we called my internist. Since he wasnt on call we talked to someone else who said that I had to get a sepasotory (spelling?) and if I couldnt go then than I had to go to the hospital. Well, I didnt really go but it was enough where I didnt feel like I wanted to go to the hospital. Saturday sucked, and it was only until Sunday where everything was back to normal.

Now I'm doing ok. I'm eating a very high fiber diet, more so than before, and I am walking farther in the same amount of time. I set a goal for walking distance last week and I met it yesterday. I'm still only walking 20 minutes at a time, not doing anything crazy. And I don't feel like I'm overdoing it. I also think that I won't have to use the walker by the end of this week. The leg pain that I had is gone. But I still have really bad pain at the incision site on my stomach and my back hurts like hell. Oh ya and the laxatives dont do anything.

Now, to the most important part of this discussion... Dr. Apostle! He's adorable! those pictures definitely don't do him any justice!! Actually they are terrible pictures.

Maria, I dont know if it's common to have Dr. Apostle meet with every patient. I went to him because of my sleep issues. But I do know that when it gets really crowded that he'll come in and talk to the patients before Dr. Regan does. I know that he is great with medication - in terms of his knowledge and trying to find the best fit.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and give you guys an update. Hope everyone is doing well. And thanks for posting comments, and please continue to do so because it really does help me get through the day! So thanks you guys

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex