View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Default flat back- harrington rod

I need help and advice from anyone who had a fusion with the Harrington rod I had mine in 1979. I have been in pain all year and hunched over. Finally last month went to a spine institute in Charleston, SC and was told that I have flat back . With a complicated surgery as the only option. Revision surgery. A pedicle subtraction . Very complicated. Having a hard time finding a doctor for a 2nd opinion who is familiar with this. Doctor said it is due to the rod. I am in pain all the time. I am a very active person who has been reduced to not being able to stand up. I have lost height as well. Hunched over too. I am so upset. I need to find a doctor who knows about this. I have an appt. with the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. next month, but even on the phone I was not convinced they knew anything about flat back. They basically just made me a appointment. And it is a long drive for me. I am still trying to find someone in Charleston, SC which is only a 2 hour drive from my home. There is nothing here where I am. Beaufort, SC. Any advice would be appreciated.