View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM

Default still waiting on BCWW

I have never been involved in such a messed up, bureaucratic situation. So far they have requested several documents a 2nd and 3rd time and assigned a 2nd case # to my case.

When I talk to the reps at the international phone #, they keep telling me my case is still pending. I was able to have Dr Zeegers fill out a 'Letter of Medical Necessity' that I drafted and which they requested.

The 2 times I called my local BCBS they tell me verbally that because it was 'planned' and not a emergency like a car accident that I am denied. Yet when I ask for a formal denial, they just pass over it and tell me I can appeal. That is nonsense. I will not appeal something in which I have no official letter of denial. Especially when the International people tell me my case is still being considered.

The one good thing is that I've never heard anyone tell me anything about the procedure itself being 'EXPERIMENTAL' like so many others who are denied.

I really think if I just keep after them, one day someone is just going to stamp it 'APPROVED' and pass it on because they want to keep their desk clean.

Stranger things have happened.
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!