View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 PM

Thanks much Jim, I did submit a 'Letter of Medical Necessity' that Dr Zeegers filled out. It was not elaborate but he spoke of my unbearable suffering. I am reaching out to my local neurosurgeon who had been treating me for 2 years prior to surgery. I have already obtained all of his notes for the injections he performed on me. I was hoping that in those notes from my last visit to him prior to my surgery that he would have mentioned that I could not stand for more than 5 minutes and I had regressed greatly. He also said the 'the time had come to do something'. He did not mention those things in his notes. In my letter to him I reminded him of my dire condition and also that he told me fusion surgery would be a 50/50 proposition for quality of life. I just sent it to him today. I sure wish he had taken the time to make those notes when I was there. I will be very upset if he doesn't write a letter stating my condition. My wife works at RI Hospital and she is the administrative assistant to the man who has the power to make a call and fix this wrong. He told her yesterday to go thru the appeal process and if denied again he will get involved.
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!