View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Happy Spiney Bday!!!

Hey Sue,
Thanks for the listing so concisely what you've been thru and the summarization of where you are today because of where you were~

I'm still free floating to some degree re spinal issues however, must say that I've had a taste of life again and it has been wonderful!

My spine is strange. Seems to really rage against sitting which has been the standard NORM for too many years to list, however, walking and walking and more walking seems to just put me right now.

My biggest accomplishment of the last year has been driving intercities more w/o fear altho not on freeway yet and losing 20 lbs!!!!

The loss of 20lbs has put me into size 2 and 3 clothing and yesterday I bought a very tailored jacket that is a size 0.

My other major accomplishment is happiness~ not always tho enough to have made a difference in my life~

OK, moving on~ it's been 3 years since your spine implantation and here I am still sitting on the fence~ one of these days I'll move along I suppose and when I do, I hope to join you in leading a more functional productive life~

Congrats to you on your progression thru the spinal maze, the surgeries, the recoveries, and getting off the pain meds (that must be wonderful living w/o Methadone/laxatives~ being able to think clearly), and the upcoming MBA you're about to receive!!!! If you could sit to get thru all that, then your spine must be pretty incredible (as well as your mind for being able to think)!!

Happy 2nd Bday and many more great bdays because of this one!!!!

Last edited by Maria; 05-23-2007 at 06:11 PM.