View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry4956 View Post
Hey Kargs, Did Dr Z say pushups are Ok? I'm dying to do something for my upper body but will not even touch another free weight again. I am 2 months ahead of you and here is my experience with sitting. Now bear in mind I virtually never sit except you know where, once a day. This is due to my dislocated coccyx not my back though. Even so, up until about 3-4 weeks ago even sitting on the John for more than 15 minutes would cause some back pain. Nothing terrible, just aggrevating. Fortunately for me it usually doesn't take that long. Sorry it I'm grossing anyone out, it's just a natural thing.

anyway, I can sit there (you know) for any length of time now and feel absolutely zero back pain.

When I tell people that I literally don't sit, they express their compassion - but really I'm so used to it - it's not a death sentence. I'll tell you what was though - it was that awful back pain that prevented me from standing and walking. But our good friend and surgeon Dr Zeegers fixed that up real good. Real good indeed! So many people seeking adrs and going for far less experienced surgeons, can't understand why. And I love my Activ-Ls
Hey Henry,

He didn't say anything specially about pushups. He just said for the first 6 weeks to be clam and don't do anything foolish, and if I do anything foolish I should be ok aswell. I waited until mid 7th week before I started to do push-ups. Push-ups don't hurt my back. I figured if I am allowed to bike, swim, run, a few push-ups shouldn't do any harm.

As for the mild pain here and there, I guess I just need to wait it out. I am just thankful my sicatic pain is all gone, that was super horrible.

Perhaps someone esle on this form can describe when they started to start working out etc.

Karger
Activ-l

Recovering and doing great!