View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 AM

Thanks for the detailed and informative reply Maria. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I don't know how old your father is however I think that's he's doing quite well in his recovery to date based on the recentness of his surgery.
Dad is 49 years old. I keep telling him he's doing so well. We're quite proud of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Re working.
Expectations should not dictate that he overdo or push himself into a recovery mode that he might reinjure himself with or feel uncomfortable with (creating more pain).
We are hopeful that his employer will offer a sort of flexibility with his work. I too think that after 6 months he should be better able to gauge what he can and cannot do. His job is as a process line machine operator sadly (bending and lifiting). We are definitely being careful and reminding him to take a good pace. The last thing we want is further issues :-(

Re: Legs.

It could very well be a combination of circulatory problems and maybe the fusion process as well (especially since l5/s1 is near nerves of the legs). We will definitely speak to the surgeon about this. I'm thinking of getting him to wear the compression stockings from the hospital from the evening to see if it improves the cold sensation.

Overall, I will definitely keep updating dad's condition. Thanks again for the reply. Very helpful indeed.

Right now, I think getting rid of the night dosage of oxycodone 5mg is a bit too much for dad. He might need to stay on that for a little longer. He is still continuing 75mg Lyrica/Pregbalin twice a day.