View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 PM

Tableone, who was it that said that your ADR would last only 15 years?
You do not have to say a name but I am curious about that because there are people past 15. I am six years plus for my first ADR. It is working fine. Other one, is a question mark, mechanically, it is supposed to be fine.

Vicki, Sorry to hear your problem.

I am having problems with my L5/S1 but my ADR is working fine. I spoke to my doctor about 2 months ago and he thinks fusion might not help me. He said to fuse my L5/S1 would be a "knee-jerk reaction", but I am not sure (u can see my thread). If he did a posterior fusion, he would leave the ProDisc in. Looking at what can happen in surgery, I do not think I would attempt to take out a ProDisc ADR that has been in there for three years. Being an RN, influences my thinking, however.

He also told me the fusion would not be an easy surgery, and so I am seeing if that is the thing to do.
I know my problems are progressing because now, I am waking up and my left foot is numb. That has happened in the past 2 weeks; so that kind of worries me. I just think the progressive nature of my problems indicate something that is pressing on my nerves and is obscurred by the artifact from the stainless steel ProDisc ADR. My pain doctor thinks I have a permanent problem, nerve damage.

Vicki, actually, about the M-6, I have not seen too many fail or develop problems. This is a heads up of what can occur. But who knows, I mean so many things can happen with a spinal surgery. In the future, I hope they can halt DDD without surgery.

Hang in there,

Runner