View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 AM

Thanks so much to both Vicki and Maria for putting such time into giving me so much info! I really appreciate it. Also, thanks for the articles which were helpful.

I've done a year of research on ADR below Scoliosis fusions and the authors of the two articles that have been written on this looked at my images. One is in England and the other in New York and they think it is viable on me. This surgery is done in Europe for people like me. It has only been done a few times in the States. I am just getting the tests done and then they will give me their price. Yes, the conventional literature states that any deformity disqualifies you from ADR. But, this is only the conventional USA opinion.

What I'm struggling with now is where to have the surgery. I don't think I can afford a US surgery. I have MediCare and they will not cover it. From what I understand, if I have the surgery in Europe no one here will want to do my revision afterwards...on the other hand, I'm probably disqualified from a revision anyway and will have to be fused when it breaks down, so maybe it doesn't matter where I have it done as most surgeons will fuse you?

I don't need another opinion now, so I don't want to spend a months rent on Zeeger, although I will search this forum to see if he also does surgery on people. What I need is a surgeon. There must be others in Europe, so I will look around. If anybody knows any other surgeons overseas, please let me know. I wrote to one in India but he told me there were no expert ADR surgeons in India. I thought this was honest of him, as his website said that he did ADR.

Last edited by Tableone; 10-13-2014 at 03:32 AM.