Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Default Help!

Hello,

I had an ADR put in a abit ago for my l5/s1. It was about 6 months ago. Everything was going good until i picked up something a bit heavy, about 60 pounds. I lifted correctly, bent with the knees not with the back etc.. At first I didn't feel any different, it wasn't until a bit later I felt something in my right leg/foot. My right leg/foot now feels a bit tingly and numb ish, well not numb, but it feels lighter then my left foot and feels odd when i walk. I now have burning pain around my wast again and a bit in my butt. I don't have any leg pain etc, probably due to my L5 disc. Prior to surgery I had DDD of the l5/s1 disc and a micro bulged in my l4 disc. After surgery i felt great, all this pain was gone.

I am pretty sure the disc didn't move. My surgeon indicated that they have never seen a disc move before. And to wait 6 weeks. Well it's been 7 and it hasn't improved.

I am beginning to suspect that it's my L4 disc. Lower back feels compressed.

Sitting makes it worse, standing kinda irritates it, but feels better then sitting. Walking makes it feel better. If i take a nice hot shower it feels better. When I wake up in the morning I feel good with the exception of my right leg/foot. As the day goes on it get's worse. Probably due to gravity pulling my spine down.

It's odd too, sometimes the burning pain can be more on the left, or sometimes on the right, or both. It almost feels like it moves.

Prior to surgery, I would see my chrio and hang like a bat on my inversion table.

I'm not really sure what to do anymore..can i still hang on my inversion table? What should i do to decompress?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash.

Last edited by Ash; 10-20-2014 at 07:53 PM.