View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 AM

Talking 16 weeks post op dascor replacement.

well i am 16 weeks post op now... i go back to dr. regan in 2 weeks for my follow up.
i am back to work as a nurse for 4 hours a day... and right now that is enough. i come home and take a nap!! after being off work for 2 years, and surgery only 16 weeks ago... its tough!!! but its getting better.

leg pain is gone most of the time.. i got new shoes, and they have alleviated almmost all my back pain, knee, hip, feet pain......(see my posting under shoes).

still have numbness on my left leg, top area, groin, and bladder... but that is still left over from surgery... just hope it goes away soon!!!

standing is what is really bothering me. sitting has became WAY better, and walking is better than it was... but that standing is horrible!!!!!!

overall... i am pleased. now if i can just get work comp issues taken care of, then things will be well.

i do only have 40 more calendar days to get back to full time job which for me is 12 hour shifts... so not sure if i can hit that goal... i have to come back with no restrictions..and lifting is so hard!!!! Dr regan has me on a 30lb limit right now... not sure if that is gonna be forever or what.

anyone have insite on that? i think most ba ck surgeries have lifting restrictions?

i would love to hear from anyone with the dascor replacement....

2005-2006- endured many treatments
that failed: epidurals, shots, PT, swimming, medications

2007- Feb 1st- Dascor Nucleus Replacement