Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Default continued symptoms?

I'm guessing that you still have the same symptoms? Anyway you mentioned getting xrays. I don't think xrays will tell you if the L4 disc is compromised or if there is soft tissue type of concerns although it seems to have given you some answers re the ADR not moving so that much is good.

Are you feeling about the same, better or worse? Have you seen your surgeon already? How many weeks post ADR surgery are you? I'm guessing that the only way you'll know if there's something going on with another disc is by MRI and even then I don't know if it will show something unless there's some there a bit significant there to show). What's considered a "mild" bulge of L4 could possibly be giving you symptoms but then again might not be significant enough to the surgeon or provider to think it's giving you what you're feeling.

I'm wondering about muscle spasms (although would think they'd be alleviated in about 3-4 weeks). I get an injection of 60mg Toradol IM every month to help me out with lumbar muscle spasms (and cervical) and it works pretty darn good to alleviate most of my symptoms. It's just a non steroidal anti-inflammatory medication.

Anyway please keep us posted. I think trying to lift 60lbs is a pretty good load post op so personally I'd avoid lifting this much (or even 20lbs) until seen and cleared by the surgeon again. I know that's not always possible though when it is I'd try to strive for that ..especially for those that have to consider release to work type of situations.