View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I see that I was too late in replying.. I'm sorry. I do hope it went well and sorry again for being late with my reply.

Maria
It's fine Maria and mmglobal. Thanks for replying.

The good news is that fusion has begun! Union is still not there but it's making its way there. I did notice a slight curve in the spine that I saw only when we got home. I feel a bit concerned that the doctor didn't show us that. Perhaps it wasn't an issue?

Anyway the appointment was quite rushed. I had my questions and only got to ask half of them before he rushed us off. He's never done that but I think they were all in a hurry since they had an emergency case later and/or it was nearing the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
How's your Dad doing with walking and mobility in general? The important thing I think is to make sure that whatever your father's most needed "complaints" as we used to call them in Nursing are heard and if none that his questions whatever they may be are answered as best the surgeon is able.
He's doing quite good. He can walk about 5km per day. Plus he does a lot of housework and helps Mum out even though we tell him not to. It's been hard to get him to settle down as to not agitate his fusion.

The main issue is his mental state. Not being able to work is really eating at him and the slow recovery is not helping either. I am sure many other people here experience the same. He is seeing a psychologist but I think he would benefit more with a pain clinic or someone who can teach him cognitive behavior therapy.