View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Default sounds good ...

Yes that wanting to get back to an active life be it work or whatever can sometimes be a downfall or a stumbling block, setback etc. with healing so please do try to get your father to not do anything that's heavy or aggravates his fusion if possible. He will want to be ready for release to return to work when that time comes and it does if one continues to progress well and feels they can handle returning to their previous line of employment. I'm glad to read that your father is doing as well as he is and perhaps he could benefit by some CBT or just talking with someone (psychologist) that will assure him what he feels is normal however he is actually working right now.. working to heal well and working towards a long term goal and that involves being in the now and doing the work on a progressive and continual basis. Of course having been there I get it.. although didn't have a fusion tho did try to rush things.. it did not work well in my favor and in fact worked very much against me.

As Alastair used to say "slow and steady" (I believe that's what he said).. and hopefully your Dad will get there as he seems well on the path to a good recovery! Maria