Thread: Jim..
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 04:30 PM

Hi Maria,

Dr. Alleyne said exactly what I thought he would say, "after L5 fuses with S1 the pain will subside." I don't doubt it. I was in the bad configuration for over 11 years and it will take some time to adjust.

Here at three weeks I tolerate sitting a little better than before surgery. They don't want me sitting for more than 30 minutes without getting up and walking for a little bit. I didn't like sitting at all before the surgery.

Dr. A said the Charite came out with no problems. They did have trouble distracting the space and inserting the high density poly cage. Once the cage was in he saw no big pay off to balance the risk of going in from the back. In the two pictures you'll see vertical metallic pins that seem to be holding the vertabra apart. The pins are part of the plastic cage and are there for the purpose of sighting the orientation of the cage in the x-ray (similar to the metal ring in a Charite core).

I have another post op visit with Dr. A on March 30. That's it for now. I'll let you know if something new develops.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front 19 days post op.JPG (83.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg side 19 days post op.jpg (36.1 KB, 1 views)

2003 L5S1 Charite
1981 L5S1 Discectomy