View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 01:08 AM

Default re tapering update (weaning per WC)

Hey Jim,
thanks for your response. I did manage to get thru 8 days so far on 5mg/day vs. 10mg and pretty much am doing better except for my gut is flipping out it seems and some other symptoms but not so much the pain thankfully at least at this point.. it was kicking my butt the first few days and I did get a 60mg Toradol injection Friday which helps me greatly with spasms.

My PM called me this past Thurs and said he was going to have a telephone review with a WC hired PM or however that process goes. Basically told me their plan is to wean me, stop paying for pain med, stop paying for pain management appts (if I'm not on the med anymore) and basically just get me off their insurance. He said he gets about 2-3 cases/week same thing re WC so it's just the way they are handling things now getting people off their books.

He went on to say that he would continue to prescribe for me if I wanted to come in as a cash pay patient as I have been a patient of his for a long time and he knows I am trustworthy and such. He would see me every 3 months and prescribe so that took the pressure off quite a bit.

I intend to see how far I can go with weaning myself without putting myself into a world of hurt and or pain that I used to live in.

So will see how this goes. I appreciate the reply and hope you are doing Ok~ thanks again!