View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 AM

Hi Maria,
I haven't been on here in ages. Or talked to you. I had computer problems over and over. My daughter just bought me a new one for my birthday. But her computer completely stopped so I leant it to her. Now I am back to my old one.
Your last post was a month ago. How are you doing? What level are you at now? I think that sucks that you had to wean off. I wonder if something new is up with the DEA in the last 2 months. I went to my pain management doc a few days ago. I am having surgery once again. The surgeon wanted to give me a prescription for Norco. I almost laughed. So I told him I would get meds from pm. well I showed the pm doc my surgical consent form. He said they are sure doing a lot. Well I have been getting a prescription for 2 30mg morphine a day and 2 15mg oxycodone per day. I told him I have not been using all of them because the surgeon wants people to totally wean off meds. So he gives me a prescription for 2 30mg morpine per day and 3 15mg oxy. I said don't you think I would need more pain control, he says , we can't tell yet. I asked again and saw he wanted me to leave. I am so upset. Actually I usually get 2 prescriptions like that for each month. He told me to come back in 6 weeks. so I will probably be in the hospital close to a week, but it still means it is for 5 weeks so I will not even have enough to take 2 morphine pills per day. He has always been so good, I don't understand what happened.

I hope you are much better now no matter what you did.
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot