View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:01 PM

Default post 1st part surgery

Wow amazing! Sounds like you're doing pretty good to be able to type and even stand up straighter now. I would certainly expect pain of a pretty intense magnitude after all that work! I never had much in the way of pain control post my two surgeries as they were done back in the years where pain management wasn't really a specialty and my surgeons didn't prescribe anything except shots of Demerol post 1st surgery (my big open one at L5S1) and I got sick on Demerol so then it was some PO drug that didn't do much and I stopped taking it after a week. My 2nd surgery I had no pain meds post op and that is the surgery that failed so badly and I ended up with all kinds of crazy pain and it took me from 1992-2001 before I was put on anything that anywhere near helped with the pain and ESIs.

Anyway, glad your daughters have been around and hope your son will be helpful too. That's cool that your daughter will be filling in for you at your position on Tues nights! Hope she likes it as much as you do!

Well I hope every day you feel a bit better and stronger and will be ready for your next surgery. You are a seriously amazing lady and quite the trooper re back surgery!!!

Sending you my best and hoping you can handle the pain Ok and everything else~ and don't worry about typos as it was easy enough to read ~ Maria