View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 07:43 AM

Default ADR surgery with Dr Zeegers

Hello Fellow Spine Crusaders!

I was hoping to get some support and advice from this forum. I have suffered from lower back pain for close to six years now. I loved living an active lifestyle and being fit. Over the years this has reduced to the point where I am not able to do any of the things that I enjoyed and it has lead to depression, which I am sure a lot of people out there can appreciate.

I've been diagnosed with a disc bulge at the L5/S1 level with an annular tear. I tried conservative treatments over the years and none of it has made a difference. It has helped with the pain sometimes, however only temporarily. I'm looking for a more permanent solution rather than just pain management so that I can return to the life I used to have.

I'm Australian and the approach here is against surgery, but doesn't really offer any comparable solutions. I've been told from a neurosurgeon here that apart from pain management that there isn't much I can do and that I have to accept I cannot return to my previous life of being fit and active. At 39 years of age that it a very daunting prospect.

I've been in talks with Dr Zeeger about ADR and was wondering what other people's experiences were. I am getting to the point where I have had to stop work and life is looking rather bleak.

If anyone out there can offer any advice or support... it would truly be a godsend.

Thank you.